Medico-legal advice you can rely on...
We are committed to improving quality
- Our experts are vetted before being invited to join McCollum Consultants to ensure that they are true specialists in their field.
- We are committed to ensuring that all our experts undergo medico-legal training, appraisal, and CPD, both internally and independently.
- Experts attend regular legal seminars to ensure they are abreast of any changes to the legal landscape.
- All advice is reviewed to ensure that opinions are clear and in plain English.
- We reflect on feedback to ensure that our experts are providing only the highest quality advice.
A bespoke and innovative approach
- We manage our experts using a hand-crafted case management system designed by our incredible coding team.
- We have a personal relationship with our experts, making communication second nature to our working practice.
- Our experts in the main work exclusively for us.
- We are always on hand to assist with enquiries relating to new instructions or ongoing matters.
- We frequently advise instructing parties on the expert type required to advance their case.
How we can help
We can provide medico-legal reports within 6-8 weeks of receiving a document bundle, sooner if required but subject to prior agreement.
Medical Literature Service
At your request, our Librarian can:
- Search for published literature on any clinical topic;
- Obtain the published literature;
- Review the published literature;
- Produce a report on the published literature; and
- Provide the published literature with a full list of references.
Medical Illustration Service
At your request, our Medical Illustrator can produce:
- Diagrams to illustrate pathologies or treatments;
- Search libraries for diagrams, figures or photographs that illustrate disease, injuries or treatments; and
- Take medical photographs for use in medico-legal reports.
Medical Statistics Service
At your request, our Medical Statistician can produce:
- Actuarial calculations, with respect to life expectancy, for use in medico-legal reports.
Meet the team
Emeritus Professor Charles McCollumMBChB, FRCS, MD
Charles McCollum was appointed as Professor of Surgery and Head of the Department of Surgery at the University of Manchester in 1989. He has published over 420 papers, including over 330 on original research. Professor McCollum is a three-time winner of the Lawyer Monthly Vascular Expert Witness of the Year Award.
Richard Williams-LeesLLB(Hons), PgDip(Law)
Richard was called to the bar at the Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn having read law at the University of Manchester. Richard went on to establish Cardiovascular Advisors Ltd with Professor Charles McCollum, the precursor to McCollum Consultants Ltd.